I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
The One must be totally livid, I mean way-over-the-top-irritated that Sen Reid refused to bring his carefully crafted by himself and therefore immaculate 'Fiscal Cliff' proposal to the Senate floor for a vote. Expecting that at tomorrow's briefing, Carney will rip into Sen Reid for being an obstructionist and a Republican stooge. Well... any day now for sure.
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Clay Biles, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 44 minutes ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago