New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Dear Mayor B, Haven't you been paying attention!? A gun in the hands of a nutcase killed 20 children. A gun could have stopped him. That isn't a really difficult concept to grasp. What's the matter with you?
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 3 hours ago