I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I really feel sorry for those who, as part of their jobs, have to listen to these fake/scripted "news" conferences. The White House correspondents are AWOL and would be charged withdereliction of duty were they members of the United States military. What a joke? Problem is the joke is not funny when it amounts to allowing this man child to transform this once great country into a Soviet Union look alike. They failed but the press corps and dimwit dimocrats think they will do it better than the Russkis.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 6 hours ago