I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I really feel sorry for those who, as part of their jobs, have to listen to these fake/scripted "news" conferences. The White House correspondents are AWOL and would be charged withdereliction of duty were they members of the United States military. What a joke? Problem is the joke is not funny when it amounts to allowing this man child to transform this once great country into a Soviet Union look alike. They failed but the press corps and dimwit dimocrats think they will do it better than the Russkis.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago