I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I really feel sorry for those who, as part of their jobs, have to listen to these fake/scripted "news" conferences. The White House correspondents are AWOL and would be charged withdereliction of duty were they members of the United States military. What a joke? Problem is the joke is not funny when it amounts to allowing this man child to transform this once great country into a Soviet Union look alike. They failed but the press corps and dimwit dimocrats think they will do it better than the Russkis.
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago