I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I really feel sorry for those who, as part of their jobs, have to listen to these fake/scripted "news" conferences. The White House correspondents are AWOL and would be charged withdereliction of duty were they members of the United States military. What a joke? Problem is the joke is not funny when it amounts to allowing this man child to transform this once great country into a Soviet Union look alike. They failed but the press corps and dimwit dimocrats think they will do it better than the Russkis.
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 34 minutes ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago