That revelation, which was greeted with a ho-hum by the media, basically announced that by 2033, 21 years from now, the so-called Social Security trust fund will be empty. The only reason this was even announced is because we are approaching a presidential election campaign, and...
The only way I can see actually see this working, is to privatize Social Security.There in NOTHING the Government can do as good as the Private Sector regardless of what it is, such as building roads or buildings, infrastructure, the Private Sector does it better, efficient, quicker, and no corner cutting (of which Unions are famous for doing) and they always need more than their bids. Not quite sure how this happened, but two counties in Texas (side by side) have used private investments as their retirement. The FNC interviews were amazing, not one single person wanted back into Social Security. The counties say their citizens are making 3 to 5 times as much as SSI pays.
When Texas Gov. Rick Perry, then in the early stages of his short-lived quest for the Republican presidential nomination, referred to Social Security as "a Ponzi scheme," he was excoriated by the press, left and right, and by his fellow Republicans, as well. Earlier this week, government actuaries revealed that Perry was correct.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago