That revelation, which was greeted with a ho-hum by the media, basically announced that by 2033, 21 years from now, the so-called Social Security trust fund will be empty. The only reason this was even announced is because we are approaching a presidential election campaign, and...
The only way I can see actually see this working, is to privatize Social Security.There in NOTHING the Government can do as good as the Private Sector regardless of what it is, such as building roads or buildings, infrastructure, the Private Sector does it better, efficient, quicker, and no corner cutting (of which Unions are famous for doing) and they always need more than their bids. Not quite sure how this happened, but two counties in Texas (side by side) have used private investments as their retirement. The FNC interviews were amazing, not one single person wanted back into Social Security. The counties say their citizens are making 3 to 5 times as much as SSI pays.
When Texas Gov. Rick Perry, then in the early stages of his short-lived quest for the Republican presidential nomination, referred to Social Security as "a Ponzi scheme," he was excoriated by the press, left and right, and by his fellow Republicans, as well. Earlier this week, government actuaries revealed that Perry was correct.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago