The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Collin Powell has become an embarrassment to the uniform he wore ! Another one is … Morgan Freeman ! He has put out a very powerful add in support of … obama ! And, I'm sure it will sway a lot of … mindless voters. I use to really enjoy his movies, but after this … NO MORE ! ! ! I CAN'T BE;IEVE he IS THAT STUPID ( but then again … you never know ) VOTE … for … Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan … TO RESTORE AMERICA'S VALUES !
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 16 hours ago