The liberal media should be lapping this up. There was an accurate recounting of the global rejoicing, especially in Argentina. There were hopeful words about his pastoral modesty. But as the day came for the pope to be installed, the natural secular liberal nastiness toward the oldest Christian faith bubbled up in demands for "tolerance"...
I guess Chris Matthew's leg stopped tingling when he found out the new pope isn't a lefty......
Many millions of Catholics around the world were joyous with the naming of a new pope -- a holy man from the Third World no less. Even in choosing his name, Pope Francis is emphasizing a devotion to the poor, and humility in his clothing and manners.
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 50 mins ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago