Jay Wye, you take the idiotic position that a pregnancy complication, albeit one that is fatal for the baby, and thereby say that pregnancy is not a "healthy condition" for an adult female?? What utter drivel! So, if one's heart malfunctions, or kidneys, or stomach, they also immediately become "non-human"? This is the sort of garbage thinking to where your train of logic leads. I have borne three healthy children, and one who died due to prenatal developmental abnormalities. My baby who died just after birth is in NO WAY less human than my other three children. Please take a genetics course if you plan to try to sound intelligent about the subject!
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014