GEORGETOWN, S.C. -- Here in the Carolina Lowcountry, there are few things lower in the esteem of American citizens than the United Nations. While filling the tank of my SUV this morning, I noted the following about the pickup truck at the pump ahead of me: a South Carolina license plate, a U.S. Marine Corps decal, a National Rifle Association decal, a gun rack in the rear window, a sticker reading "Armed Infidel" and another that said "Get US Out of the UN" on it. The owner, it turned out, was a medical doctor on his way to visit a...
NEWSFLASH: There is a civil war going on in Syria. In wars, people die. 17,000 people over 15 months is nothing by historical standards. It is so few, that the people who have recently taken to throwing around terms like "ethnic cleansing" are embarassing themselves. 17,000 is "cleansing?" *Really?* And what is the "ethnicity" being cleansed and how is it different than the ethnicity of the people doing the cleansing? Stop with the neocon-Democrat interventionist propaganda! I don't care that complete strangers on the other side of the world are fighting and dying. NOT MY PROBLEM! DON'T ASK A DAMN THING OF ME!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago