As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
I don't think he should be deported involuntarily, but if he wants to go, sayonara. He was in some sort of scandal a few years ago. He was the editor of The Daily Mail and ran a story with planted evidence of abuse of Iraqis by British soldiers. He was fired. In the old days, that would have been a career ender, but these days, you get your own TV show. Gun rights are non-negotiable. The bigger picture is that civilizations cannot be maintained unless the population maintains a martial spirit. Europeans talk trash, but they depend on what is left of the American martial spirit to protect them. If that goes, America will be too soft to survive.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago