As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
I don't think he should be deported involuntarily, but if he wants to go, sayonara. He was in some sort of scandal a few years ago. He was the editor of The Daily Mail and ran a story with planted evidence of abuse of Iraqis by British soldiers. He was fired. In the old days, that would have been a career ender, but these days, you get your own TV show. Gun rights are non-negotiable. The bigger picture is that civilizations cannot be maintained unless the population maintains a martial spirit. Europeans talk trash, but they depend on what is left of the American martial spirit to protect them. If that goes, America will be too soft to survive.
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago