As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
I don't think he should be deported involuntarily, but if he wants to go, sayonara. He was in some sort of scandal a few years ago. He was the editor of The Daily Mail and ran a story with planted evidence of abuse of Iraqis by British soldiers. He was fired. In the old days, that would have been a career ender, but these days, you get your own TV show. Gun rights are non-negotiable. The bigger picture is that civilizations cannot be maintained unless the population maintains a martial spirit. Europeans talk trash, but they depend on what is left of the American martial spirit to protect them. If that goes, America will be too soft to survive.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 11 hours ago