Yes, the dreaded “sequester” cuts begin taking effect today, but syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer is reminding Republicans that -- at least for the moment -- they actually have the upper hand politically. During an appearance on “Special Report” last night, he urged Republicans to do two things to expose the Left’s cynical, doomsday scare tactics and curry favor with the public: 1) emphasize that the GOP has indeed offered Senate Democrats and the president “utter discretion” to pick and choose which government programs to cut in lieu of “sequestration” -- which the former rejected and the latter threatened to...
Is this the same Charles Krauthammer who said a week ago that "Obamacare is the law of the land?" Republicans do hold the upper hand, and because they control the House, they always have. But with Krauthammer's fellow neocons moaning and pi$$ing about the sequester's military spending cuts, we the Tea Party are in for a tough battle.
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago