You see, America was founded by a handful of God-fearing patriots who didn't always agree but believed certain things like life, liberty and the personal pursuit of happiness were worth dying for. And to ensure their ideas would survive the ages, they crafted one of the most...
"Our Consitution was written for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." John Adams. Perhaps not an exact quote, but close enough. I would have added "...a moral, religious, and SELF-RELIANT people..." The founders expected American citizens to be self-reliant and responsible for most of their own affairs. It says so in the last four words of the 10th Amerndment.
"There once was a place called America," our children's children will one day write, "a bright and shining city on a hill, divinely placed by God to serve as a beacon of hope to the entire world. A land filled with generous-hearted souls who showered the needy the world over with their abundant blessings."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 7 hours ago