As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
I heard it in a radio interview with an investigator, How does an unemployed med-student afford $20,000 ( give your estimate-$ ) in; weapons-complex-tactical-gear-bomb-making-devices, ammo-mags, bullet-proof vest, ballistic helmet, SWAT uniform ? Which are very difficult for civilians to get in the 1st place. Where does an unemployed introverted med-school-student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby-traps tactical body armor, weapons systems ? Certainly not in grad-school !
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago