As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
I heard it in a radio interview with an investigator, How does an unemployed med-student afford $20,000 ( give your estimate-$ ) in; weapons-complex-tactical-gear-bomb-making-devices, ammo-mags, bullet-proof vest, ballistic helmet, SWAT uniform ? Which are very difficult for civilians to get in the 1st place. Where does an unemployed introverted med-school-student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby-traps tactical body armor, weapons systems ? Certainly not in grad-school !
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago