The problem with forcing businesses to serve everybody is that Jim Crow laws forced businesses to be segregated. In a free country, the government should have no authority to force any privately-owned business to serve or to not serve anybody of their own choosing. This is really the only constitutionally-consistent view of government power regarding the powers given to it. It is a private business' right to determine who it serves and who it does not. But idiots who believe and support the prominent idiot scumbag Kennedy's view don't seem to grasp that those who discriminate would lose out in the marketplace to those who did not. And it would all happen without the Constitution-violating dictatorial laws pushed by leftist scum.
As the credits begin to roll on the year 2012, I would like to take proper note of the recent loss of one of America’s most compelling figures, Judge Robert Heron Bork. Robert Bork died on December 19 in Arlington, Virginia at the age of 85 due to complications of heart disease.
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago