The problem with forcing businesses to serve everybody is that Jim Crow laws forced businesses to be segregated. In a free country, the government should have no authority to force any privately-owned business to serve or to not serve anybody of their own choosing. This is really the only constitutionally-consistent view of government power regarding the powers given to it. It is a private business' right to determine who it serves and who it does not. But idiots who believe and support the prominent idiot scumbag Kennedy's view don't seem to grasp that those who discriminate would lose out in the marketplace to those who did not. And it would all happen without the Constitution-violating dictatorial laws pushed by leftist scum.
As the credits begin to roll on the year 2012, I would like to take proper note of the recent loss of one of America’s most compelling figures, Judge Robert Heron Bork. Robert Bork died on December 19 in Arlington, Virginia at the age of 85 due to complications of heart disease.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago