But the Republicans choose to ignore this, aiming instead to dismantle the social compact and to turn America into a third-world banana republic where a small cadre of privileged elites will rule over a mass of impoverished citizens reduced to servitude, fighting for themselves in a dystopic "wild west" without any hopes of ever improving their condition. For these reasons, despite my position on abortion I am a proud progressive liberal and I could never, ever vote for the Republican party.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago