When we left off, New Jersey Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez was decrying "right wing blogs" for engaging in "smears" against his good name. Accusations that the Senator took undisclosed flights on a political ally's private jet to the Dominican Republic for liaisons with prostitutes -- some of whom are alleged to have been underage -- are "absolutely false," he's insisted. Except...he's copped to the flights and has forked over a handsome sum to correct his $60,000 "mistake." And the New York Times reported that Menendez flexed his political muscles to promote a $500 million port security contract for a firm owned...
With persons like Menendez at the centers of power, is it any wonder our country is in a fiscal mess.
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago