Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner will not testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee unless she’s given immunity from prosecution, her lawyer told POLITICO...
She doesn't deserve immunity. She deserves to spend a number of years in Federal prison.
Surprise surprise. After making an opening statement during a congressional hearing weeks ago on the IRS targeting of conservative groups and then pleading the fifth, Lois Lerner wants immunity. As a reminder, Lerner is the head of tax exempt organizations for the IRS and admitted the agency inappropriately targeted conservative groups between 2010 and 2012 after being asked a planted question at a conference. She has been put on paid administrative leave for the summer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 10 hours ago