Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
Boehner is a pox on our nation. The crier's balls are in the same lock box that Bill Clinton's were in during his administration. Hillary let them out as soon as she became SecState. Boehner does not have the cojones to be the highest ranking Republican in government. He has given in to EVERY demand of Obama. Each offer he made as been turned down by the administration. Each offer he has made has shown more and more weakness than the one before it. I am scared for what the deal looks like. I would rather go over the cliff than have BO get everything he wants in negotiations. At least at that point, BO would have to accept some ownership of the recession continuing. Yes, we are still in a recession. I don't care what BO's says.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 8 hours ago