The long, costly, acrimonious recall saga is over. NBC, CNN, and Fox News have all called this race. For the second time in two years, the people of Wisconsin have elected Scott Walker. He is, and will remain, the state's governor. This outcome is a triumph for Badger State conservatives, the Tea Party movement, and fiscal sanity generally. Though the Left will spin this defeat furiously, make no mistake: They are crestfallen tonight. Their bete noir has prevailed. Again. Their relentless efforts, vociferous protests and millions of dollars have gone for naught. Wisconsin voters have explicitly endorsed Governor Walker's...
I have read liberal blogs saying democracy is dead. But they lost because of democracy. But anyway most people do not understand that this is a Republic and not a Democracy. True Democracy is where 2 wolves and a sheep sit down and vote for what is for dinner. City folk who have never prepared their chicken dinner starting with a live chicken should not be dictating to rural people how they should live. This is why the US has an electoral system for presidential elections. Even my wife did not understand this concept. Our wise founding fathers did their best to limit government and preserve liberty. This is something the liberals cannot stand. They want to dictate to everyone else how they should live.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago