To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
In the case of the Colorado shooting, I think it is naive to think that these bad boys are not going to find a source of weapons. In Afganistan they actually machine shop working copies in mud huts or hovels. Now imagine if there had been 5 to 10 people in the audience with permits to carry concealed weapons. These are law abiding citizens who have been trained and registered to carry. These are deputies who can be there the instant the trouble starts. Disarming the law abiding citizen is only going to make the once great home of the brave and free the home of the imprisoned and fearful. We will sit at home for fear of going anywhere. Even home invasions will increase because the invaders will no longer fear any consequences.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago