To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
In the case of the Colorado shooting, I think it is naive to think that these bad boys are not going to find a source of weapons. In Afganistan they actually machine shop working copies in mud huts or hovels. Now imagine if there had been 5 to 10 people in the audience with permits to carry concealed weapons. These are law abiding citizens who have been trained and registered to carry. These are deputies who can be there the instant the trouble starts. Disarming the law abiding citizen is only going to make the once great home of the brave and free the home of the imprisoned and fearful. We will sit at home for fear of going anywhere. Even home invasions will increase because the invaders will no longer fear any consequences.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014