To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
If this is about the UN Small Arms treaty then think about the fact that it gives away US sovereignty to the United Nations. Can we not govern ourselves? Do we need to be governed by politicians from other countries that actually hate the US and would love to see it destroyed? How much sense does that make?
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago