To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
If this is about the UN Small Arms treaty then think about the fact that it gives away US sovereignty to the United Nations. Can we not govern ourselves? Do we need to be governed by politicians from other countries that actually hate the US and would love to see it destroyed? How much sense does that make?
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 12 mins ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago