To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
If this is about the UN Small Arms treaty then think about the fact that it gives away US sovereignty to the United Nations. Can we not govern ourselves? Do we need to be governed by politicians from other countries that actually hate the US and would love to see it destroyed? How much sense does that make?
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago