Republicans in Ohio last week took an important step toward broad tax reform when the state House of Representatives approved an across-the-board reduction in the personal income tax. That tax cut, however, is contingent upon Congress passing legislation that will allow Ohio and other states to have online-only retailers remit state sales tax just like any other business does. The U.S. Senate is now poised to grant states this power via the aptly named Marketplace Fairness Act. This legislation levels the economic playing field by putting small businesses on the same footing as online-only outfits. Conservatives should embrace this needed reform....
In response to:
I think that only new merchandise should be sales taxed.....not used cars or anything else. Some people are avoiding the tax on new merchandise though and that is unjust.
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago