You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
"I have to ask, how old do you think the earth is? If you answer 6 thousand years (or so), that will tell me all I need to know." _______ ______________ ----------------------------- You need to know more than your snippy retort. If you will read the Bible, the first verse says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. It does not say when,,,only in the beginning. This could have been billions of years ago and likely was. The second verse shows God making the earth habitable...again perhaps long ago. Finally He forms Adam who was the first creature on earth with a soul...other intelligent man-like animals preceded Adam.
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago