You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
"I have to ask, how old do you think the earth is? If you answer 6 thousand years (or so), that will tell me all I need to know." _______ ______________ ----------------------------- You need to know more than your snippy retort. If you will read the Bible, the first verse says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. It does not say when,,,only in the beginning. This could have been billions of years ago and likely was. The second verse shows God making the earth habitable...again perhaps long ago. Finally He forms Adam who was the first creature on earth with a soul...other intelligent man-like animals preceded Adam.
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 1 hour ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago