The Final Indictment of Barack Obama

Wayne251 Wrote: Nov 05, 2012 7:43 AM
I'm just curious. How is it that because you believe someone else did poorly change the fact that Obama did even worse?

Competence in Presidential Politics

Wayne251 Wrote: Sep 06, 2012 4:05 PM
Pretty cowardly column. Obama doesn't care about people. He cares about power and self-preservation. His entire written history supports this. His friends who ratted on him in "The Amateur" by Edward Klein make this clear. His whole upbringing is communist/socialist. His language is the language of marxists, and his marxists friends all agree. It is, for Obama, about mystifying people because that is what is taught by his mentors like Frank Marshall Davis.
"reported record profits for 2011"... I'm not sure who does GM numbers, but usually when a companies stock is worth half of what it was 3 years ago, it's not reporting record profits. When a company is near bankruptcy for the second time, it's generally not reporting record profits. When they can't hire back all the people they fired, they generally aren't reporting record profits. When they are selling products the public doesn't want, and shutting down the plants that produce them, they generally aren't reporting record profits. Whose numbers are we talking here?
So, specifically Iduck, what has the dictator and chief done and what will he do to fix everything he broke? What I hear him say is he will do more to make it more broke... though I don't know specifically what... other than lay 500 billion dollars of taxes on the middle class, and steal 716 billion dollars from Medicare. But that's not what he is going to do, he already did it.

"Issues" or America?

Wayne251 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 7:45 AM
If you are, by stating "people do realize that Germany was a Democracy" suggesting that the US is a democracy, then you have flawed your argument. Not that I don't agree in principle with the comparison. The exception is that the US is not a democracy, it is a Federal Republic. The Federal Republic was chosen specifically to enable the limits of power, and to prevent emotional charged overthrows by dictators such as Hitler. The founding fathers talked of it specifically.

"Issues" or America?

Wayne251 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 7:29 AM
This is very true, the States have allowed this to happen. But Sowell's article is not about State's power, so he didn't leave it out. Nonetheless, you are correct. I believe one of the biggest Constitutional errors was the States turning the election of Senators to a public election. The State legislature selecting Senators was a balance of power for the States to ensure the State voice was heard in Congress, and prevent emotional, irrational overthrow of government by either the government or the people. The States have no voice other than to use their legislatures, and they aren't doing that either.

"Issues" or America?

Wayne251 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 7:24 AM
Romney has made no public comments regarding the EOs of Obama. This is scary also. I know if I were taking office immediately following Obama, I would blindly cancel all EOs issued by Obama, and make a commitment not to do any myself. But that's just me speaking. Where does Romney stand on the EO's? Anyone know?

"Issues" or America?

Wayne251 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 7:20 AM
Unfortunately, this is just rhetoric

"Issues" or America?

Wayne251 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 7:19 AM
To some degree, I can understand where the average person doesn't get just how destructive allowing a President to issue unchallenged EO's can be. But there is no excuse for Congress as a whole allowing it to happen. In fact, I'm betting one could easily argue that it is the most fundamental violation of the Constitution there is. Yes, other POTUS have done them, but not like this. I've always been against. There is nothing in the Constitution that allows them. It is truly how a President becomes a dictator.
There lies one of the problems of the Republicans... they won't call a socialist a socialist, or a communist a communist as if there is something wrong with identify and ideology correctly.
yes, historically, being a white democrat is shameful. The democrats led the KKK. The democrats used Christianity to support slavery, The white democrats did everything possible to make the reformation as miserable as possible, the white democrats re-segregated the military under Wilson. The white democrats fought tooth n nail against the civil rights act. So yes, I can see how you would be ashamed of being a whited democrat.