Think of today's news organizations as insatiable beasts whose ravenous appetites constantly need more and more news bites, and more analysis about those news bites. The desire for more content for their viewers and readers means that they deem everything new to be newsworthy, or at least newsworthy enough...
Jackie, you left out te fact that the republican congress has set all sorts or new records for obstruction in those 42 months. It is also a fact that the house passes the buget and the president signs the bill.
The challenge for modern-day campaigns is that the rapid speed of the news cycle ensures that new news is created on a daily basis, even when it is not really news. Blame the hunger for something novel and fresh that can eat up time on the 24-hour cable news channels.
- Great news: Another wave of health-plan cancellations on the way? Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Are you ready for Bush/Paul 2016? Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago