Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
Keep this in mind, people. Listen up Democrats and Republicans, both. The more money the Treasury prints or coins, the less the Dollars you own are worth!!! You both should be piiiiissssed off!! This means your investments, retirements, and paychecks are worth LESS!!! They are stealing your money right out of your hand, and you are too stupid to even realize it. Obama and his cronies are 'back door' men. They screw you from behind!!! Wake the frack up!!
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago