Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
NO... Patent and Copyright DO NOT RESTRICT knowledge (one can READ [and KNOW] EVERYTHING about someone's patent and copyrighted information)... Those exist to PROTECT the HARD WORK (and BRILLIANCE) of the INVENTOR/CREATOR of that work object - from people who would come along and TAKE (without financial compensation) the object of that patent and/or copyright - for their own PROFIT! Sounds kinda like GOVERNMENT (taking from the PRODUCERS and giving to the TAKERS, for doing NOTHING), doesn't it?! AND, in THIS Patent/Copyright system, there is NOTHING to prevent YOU from working harder and being smarter than the LAST Patent/Copyright holder, and inventing/producing SOMETHING NEW (and different) that will make YOU RICH! Go Do It!
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago