So glad I refinanced and consolidated my outstanding Student Loans back in 2005 before the government monopolized the market and took over. My loans (now serviced by the government) are not subject to the whims of politicians. I got a fixed rate at 2.375% on UNSUBSIDIZED LOANS, that is lower than Uncle Sammy's current SUBSIDIZED LOAN RATES for today's college students & recent graduates. Of course, I had the "horrible" ordeal of dealing with private banks that competed for my business to get that loan instead of the oh so great current government monopoly with no competition. I'd feel sorry for these youngsters but they voted for this & want government to be their daddy.
- Why on earth would Senate Republicans want to abolish the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees? Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Dems see an oddly monochromatic consistency from Team Hillary Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- After beheading one Japanese hostage, ISIS offers prisoner swap for the second Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The twilight of Nancy Pelosi? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Drone found on White House grounds Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The fall of Sheldon Silver continues Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago