Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Thank You Walter for your moral clarity. I'm tired of the left's deception; "they care for the poor because they want higher taxes to pay for government charity and the Republicans are evil because they disagree". Increasing the government bureaucracy does not increase the product, but diminishes it. The damage done by entitlements are not seen by the recipients, such as; people become dependant on the government for charity; not just the recipients but the givers also. When the government acts as the guardian people lose incentive to care for themselves and others.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago