In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
The truth is what you believe. It your truth not everyone believe your truth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago