The situation facing Romney is hard for some Republicans to comprehend. They didn't...
I just heard on tv a good way to maybe get through to those poor souls that are following him. Sorry I can't remember the man's name to give him credit, but I believe he is a democrat or former democrat. He said something like this: You take your broken car to a mechanic to fix . But he never fixed a car before. Four days later, you pay the man and drive it out of the lot, only to find that it is still the same or in worse shape. The mechanic say's, if you'll give me 4 more days and more money, I'll be able to get the job done. Do you let him tinker around with it some more or take it to another mechanic?
Mitt Romney has just one job going into the last stretch of the presidential campaign. He has to connect with people who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 but are disappointed with the president now. He has to assure them that they didn't make a mistake back then, that it wasn't crazy or stupid to believe Obama's promises, but that things just haven't worked out. And he has to convince them it's OK to choose a new candidate this time around; they don't owe Obama another vote.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago