What's wrong with using moving averages to assess trends in economic data? After all, it's a practice that is endorsed by the Federal Reserve.
That question arises today because of the WSJ's Josh Mitchell's analysis from last Friday, which suggests that initial jobless claims are trending down:
The number of Americans applying for unemployment insurance has fallen sharply since summer. The four-week moving average...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago