Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
"New records set in deficits, national debt, house foreclosures, dropping wages, dropping net worth, cost of education, number of government employees, food stamps and people below the poverty line." Yea that Obama Great Recession "that began in December 2007 and took a particularly sharp downward turn in September 2008". Damn that Obama! And Republicans have obstructed every serious PROVEN EFFECTIVE measure to offset the negative economic impacts from the drop in aggregate demand that resulted from the initial BANK caused crash. You're not a serious person. Surprise! This IS Town Hall after all.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago