Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
"New records set in deficits, national debt, house foreclosures, dropping wages, dropping net worth, cost of education, number of government employees, food stamps and people below the poverty line." Yea that Obama Great Recession "that began in December 2007 and took a particularly sharp downward turn in September 2008". Damn that Obama! And Republicans have obstructed every serious PROVEN EFFECTIVE measure to offset the negative economic impacts from the drop in aggregate demand that resulted from the initial BANK caused crash. You're not a serious person. Surprise! This IS Town Hall after all.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago