Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
Oooo, scary, Kev. "First off, the CBPP assumes that sequestration cuts are going to happen" Really? "we start with a budget baseline that assumes... that policymakers will cancel “sequestration” (without offsetting the $1.1 trillion cost over ten years, which includes interest costs)... http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3885 - READ IT! The good news - Kevin acknowledges the CBPP. The bad news? Kevin says: [T]he CBPP's report only covers the next ten years. DOES ANYONE BELIEVE A BUDGET PROJECTION PAST TEN YEARS? What a joke...
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago