Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
Oooo, scary, Kev. "First off, the CBPP assumes that sequestration cuts are going to happen" Really? "we start with a budget baseline that assumes... that policymakers will cancel “sequestration” (without offsetting the $1.1 trillion cost over ten years, which includes interest costs)... http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3885 - READ IT! The good news - Kevin acknowledges the CBPP. The bad news? Kevin says: [T]he CBPP's report only covers the next ten years. DOES ANYONE BELIEVE A BUDGET PROJECTION PAST TEN YEARS? What a joke...
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 42 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago