For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
"the market is 6-9 months ahead of the economy." If that were true then why didn't almost EVERY GLOBAL FINANCIAL CORPORATION that either collapsed or required a TAXPAYER BAILOUT know the global economy was going to tank and wipe out trillions of dollars of equity BEFORE it happened? YOU-ARE-AN-IDIOT! And if your "so-called" investment banking husband didn't advise his clients to find safe harbor then he's a BIGGER IDIOT than you are (actually he's criminally negligent). But, maryanne24, I took the advise of the LIBERAL economic reportage and I lost NOTHING during the BUSH COLLAPSE. How did you fare? You can tell the truth - no one will know but you and me. HA HA HA!
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago