No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Perhaps congressional Republicans and the Bush administration shouldn't have built a sunset provision into their tax cut legislation when they passed it. What? You say that a 10-year expiration is REQUIRED for legislation that adds to the national debt? Wow! Who knew? So this is how WE - read: OUR SIDE get's good legislation enacted by forcing the babies, er, Republicans to make some concessions on raising revenues. And there's NOTHING you clowns can do to stop it. Get it? Can't you understand why it's not a bad thing from the left's perspective? Sadly, Obama is economically illiterate and seems willing to unnecessarily sell entitlements down the river to get some new revenues. Hopefully congressional Democrats can steer him left.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago