California Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, has introduced a bill to make it illegal for people to smoke in their own homes -- if they live in an apartment or a condo or a multifamily home. When last I wrote about Levine, he was pushing a statewide law to require grocers to charge for bags. Now he's after cigarettes -- but only the legal kind. With his new AB 746, Levine is following a trail blazed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who pushed a law prohibiting the restaurant sale of large sugary drinks, which a New York judge overturned.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago