California Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, has introduced a bill to make it illegal for people to smoke in their own homes -- if they live in an apartment or a condo or a multifamily home. When last I wrote about Levine, he was pushing a statewide law to require grocers to charge for bags. Now he's after cigarettes -- but only the legal kind. With his new AB 746, Levine is following a trail blazed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who pushed a law prohibiting the restaurant sale of large sugary drinks, which a New York judge overturned.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago