In response to:
I think we will see a lot of Internet businesses move across the border to Canada (whose economy is booming, by the way). UPS, FEDEX an DHL all ship from Canada for only slightly more than they do from the U.S. and all have a major presence in Canada. Canada has only a national sales tax that is flat regardless of province or territory. Locate the business in Toronto, Windsor, Vancouver or even Niagara and it will be immune American laws and nonsense. The Canadian dollar is on par with the American except for most of the past year it has been worth more than the American dollar.
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago