In response to:
I think we will see a lot of Internet businesses move across the border to Canada (whose economy is booming, by the way). UPS, FEDEX an DHL all ship from Canada for only slightly more than they do from the U.S. and all have a major presence in Canada. Canada has only a national sales tax that is flat regardless of province or territory. Locate the business in Toronto, Windsor, Vancouver or even Niagara and it will be immune American laws and nonsense. The Canadian dollar is on par with the American except for most of the past year it has been worth more than the American dollar.
- Putin issues declaration recognizing independent Crimea Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Prager U: What should parents want their children to be? Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago