I saw this coming several years ago. I cashed in my IRA and drove north and opened a RSP (Canadian equivalent of an IRA) with TD Bank. There are quite a few TD bank branches in the Northern U.S. as well at TDAmeritrade (all owned by Toronto Dominion), but DON'T OPEN IT IN A u.s. BRANCH. The American government can empty any account that is centered in the U.S. The Canadian economy is flourishing and their dollar is on a par with the U.S. dollar. For the past six months it has been worth more. There is NO bank in Canada that is on shaky ground. The country is a net exporter and manufacturer of goods. Nothing has been off-shored and unemployment is about two percentage points below the U.S.
You were shocked - SHOCKED, you say - at the very idea that the government of Cyprus would order banks to seize 10% of every bank account and hand the money over the government? Well … excuse me for being rude, but maybe if you had been spending a better part of the last 20 years paying attention to the atrocities that happen with nauseating regularity in Washington, instead of going into an annual swoon over March Madness and/or the Oscars, or blindly tuning in to Entertainment Tonight every evening rather than an actual newscast, you might have seen this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 7 hours ago