Actually, excluding Ukrainians that Stalin starved to death, it was closer to 40-million.

Free Edward Snowden -- Really?

Vladilyich Wrote: Jan 05, 2014 1:04 PM
I take it that your tea party believes that your word is worthless. "Then when he comes home, hang him." You are a sorry piece of protoplasm and I really don't want you sharing my planet.

Free Edward Snowden -- Really?

Vladilyich Wrote: Jan 05, 2014 12:57 PM
I'll see your "hell yes" and raise you a "Damn Right!"

Free Edward Snowden -- Really?

Vladilyich Wrote: Jan 05, 2014 12:55 PM
It would be a complete defense in a legal system. The U.S. no longer has one.

Free Edward Snowden -- Really?

Vladilyich Wrote: Jan 05, 2014 12:54 PM
I cannot agree more. A day in a unobstructed court is due. If he were to be required to appear in person, we would never hear from him again. The illegal actions he reported on are more than enough to place his life in danger.

Free Edward Snowden -- Really?

Vladilyich Wrote: Jan 05, 2014 12:36 PM
A mafia don is, at least, honorable. I know many of the current dons...I trust them implicitly. I also know many of my government representatives. I wouldn't turn my back on any of them.
Of all of the "solutions" you bring up, the most obvious and viable one isn't mentioned...remove the cap on taxable income. This has always been a bad idea. There is no cap on income tax, why have one on SS?

We May Have a PTSD Vaccine Soon

Vladilyich Wrote: Dec 15, 2013 10:51 AM
I think you've nailed the Catch-22 right on the head!

Obamashock! Work More, Get Less!

Vladilyich Wrote: Nov 21, 2013 11:10 AM
My story is actually worse than the ones cited in the article. I have been totally uninsured for the past 8 years. I have three major pre-existing conditions that have prevented me from obtaining any type of health insurance other than Medicare (which can't turn you down for any reason). The Catch-22 is that Obamacare is not available where I live and Medicare won't pay (outside the United States); HOWEVER, I have been told by the IRS that I will have to pay the fine for not enrolling. Fortunately, my total medical costs for the past eight years have been under $1000. My wife receives complete medical coverage with no deductable and 100% drug coverage FOR FREE (she's not American). Paying cash, my average doctor's visit is $35USD. My prescriptions are less than 50% what I paid in the U.S. and a hospital admission through the ER averages $100USD/day. Unfortunately, my retirement comes through an American bank which the IRS can confiscate and steal when I refuse to pay for something that would be absolutely useless to me. There are still many more "gotchas" to the current implementation of Obamacare as Congress passed it. It should have been single-payer and the insurance companies outlawed right from the beginning.
The kids are just going to go over the GW Bridge to New Jersey or through White Plains to Connecticut. When I lived in Connecticut, we would head into the city when the drinking age was still 18. If he just wants to raise revenue, do what they did in Ontario. Cigarettes there are $13 per pack and a pint of vodka costs more than a half-gallon does in the U.S. They call it a sin tax. It hasn't slowed down drinking or smoking, but it does pay for their medical coverage.

FDA Bans Commonly Used Trans-Fat

Vladilyich Wrote: Nov 09, 2013 10:18 AM
Actually, for once they are performing their assigned authority perfectly