"The Architect's" (of GOP demise) and the establishment's solution is to become more like Democrats. It never occurs to them that if someone is going to vote Democrat-lite, they'll more readily vote for a Democrat. Americans need a viable alternative to statists.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago