"The Architect's" (of GOP demise) and the establishment's solution is to become more like Democrats. It never occurs to them that if someone is going to vote Democrat-lite, they'll more readily vote for a Democrat. Americans need a viable alternative to statists.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago