Retired Adm. Mike Mullen stuck to that rule when he rolled out an independent review, led by former Ambassador Thomas Pickering, on the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. special mission in Benghazi, Libya, that led to the murder of four Americans -- Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. "The attacks in Benghazi were security related," Mullen said, "and responsibility for the loss of life, the injuries and damage to U.S. facilities, rests completely and solely with the terrorists...
BINGO! You have hit on the the real reason and truth behind this debacle in Benghazi. CanadaFreePress reported it weeks ago in 3 parts from a government insider. It was a gun-running operation to Syrian rebels (Al-Quaeda and other terrorist groups) being brokered by Stevens, who was a CIA frontman, not an "ambassador". This is the reason the State Dept takes no responsibility for this because it was not under their control. The reason the americans were left to die was because they couldn't have the operation (special mission) exposed that WE are arming the rebels in Syria, including our nemesis Al-Quaeda.
When terrorists attack Americans, Washington should always follow this simple rule: Blame the terrorists first.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago