Retired Adm. Mike Mullen stuck to that rule when he rolled out an independent review, led by former Ambassador Thomas Pickering, on the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. special mission in Benghazi, Libya, that led to the murder of four Americans -- Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. "The attacks in Benghazi were security related," Mullen said, "and responsibility for the loss of life, the injuries and damage to U.S. facilities, rests completely and solely with the terrorists...
BINGO! You have hit on the the real reason and truth behind this debacle in Benghazi. CanadaFreePress reported it weeks ago in 3 parts from a government insider. It was a gun-running operation to Syrian rebels (Al-Quaeda and other terrorist groups) being brokered by Stevens, who was a CIA frontman, not an "ambassador". This is the reason the State Dept takes no responsibility for this because it was not under their control. The reason the americans were left to die was because they couldn't have the operation (special mission) exposed that WE are arming the rebels in Syria, including our nemesis Al-Quaeda.
When terrorists attack Americans, Washington should always follow this simple rule: Blame the terrorists first.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 53 mins ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago