Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
Not true. The social gospel is not about government, but personal responsibility to help the poor. Enslaving the masses to government dependency is not what Jesus preached. In fact, in study after study demonstrates that it is conservatives who give more, volunteer more, and invest their own time and money to help the poor, while liberals are the stingiest and most apathetic. I sincerely believe this is because they think the government is supposed to help the poor which absolves them of doing it themselves. The liberal "social gospel" is summed up as simply that this: that liberals don't have get their hands dirty actually doing anything for the poor as long as the government does it for them.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014