Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
Not true. The social gospel is not about government, but personal responsibility to help the poor. Enslaving the masses to government dependency is not what Jesus preached. In fact, in study after study demonstrates that it is conservatives who give more, volunteer more, and invest their own time and money to help the poor, while liberals are the stingiest and most apathetic. I sincerely believe this is because they think the government is supposed to help the poor which absolves them of doing it themselves. The liberal "social gospel" is summed up as simply that this: that liberals don't have get their hands dirty actually doing anything for the poor as long as the government does it for them.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago