Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
Not true. The social gospel is not about government, but personal responsibility to help the poor. Enslaving the masses to government dependency is not what Jesus preached. In fact, in study after study demonstrates that it is conservatives who give more, volunteer more, and invest their own time and money to help the poor, while liberals are the stingiest and most apathetic. I sincerely believe this is because they think the government is supposed to help the poor which absolves them of doing it themselves. The liberal "social gospel" is summed up as simply that this: that liberals don't have get their hands dirty actually doing anything for the poor as long as the government does it for them.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago