Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
Not true. The social gospel is not about government, but personal responsibility to help the poor. Enslaving the masses to government dependency is not what Jesus preached. In fact, in study after study demonstrates that it is conservatives who give more, volunteer more, and invest their own time and money to help the poor, while liberals are the stingiest and most apathetic. I sincerely believe this is because they think the government is supposed to help the poor which absolves them of doing it themselves. The liberal "social gospel" is summed up as simply that this: that liberals don't have get their hands dirty actually doing anything for the poor as long as the government does it for them.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago