Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
Not true. The social gospel is not about government, but personal responsibility to help the poor. Enslaving the masses to government dependency is not what Jesus preached. In fact, in study after study demonstrates that it is conservatives who give more, volunteer more, and invest their own time and money to help the poor, while liberals are the stingiest and most apathetic. I sincerely believe this is because they think the government is supposed to help the poor which absolves them of doing it themselves. The liberal "social gospel" is summed up as simply that this: that liberals don't have get their hands dirty actually doing anything for the poor as long as the government does it for them.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago