Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
With the addition of tea party-backed members in the House, the Republicans entered the 2011 debt ceiling talks with much fanfare and bravado. But, there were not enough tea party people to constitute a 'spine' that would support the new-found courage. Boehner and the Boys went into the room with big talk ... and came out with the super committee. The least informed among us knew that was an utter defeat. The tea party motto of 'Take out the trash' is still the only way to fix the Republican Party.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 3 hours ago