7. Teach our kids about the acts of heroes in times of crisis. Tell them about Newtown teacher Vicki Soto's self-sacrifice and bravery. Tell them about Clackamas mall shopper Nick Meli, a concealed-carry permit-holder whose quick action may have prevented additional deaths. Tell them about Family Research Council security...
In response to:
Did you know that in Connecticut it is legal for teachers to be armed, if the school system permits it? Do you think the principal at Sandy Hook would have used a pistol if one had been available? If your contention is that teachers are there to teach, not act as police, consider this. Teachers are not firefighters, but every one is trained to use any available fire fighting equipment, such as fire extinguishers. Before you say that teachers SHOULD NOT be armed, go out and ask the teachers. Ask them if they feel that throwing their bodies between their students and a madman is their first choice. Find out how many of them are already capable and licensed to carry firearms, and are only prevented from doing so by current ideology
These simple common-sense steps are adapted from a post I published on my blog after the horrific Newtown, Conn., massacre. Our hearts ache, but we are not completely helpless or hopeless in the face of evil and the unknown. And we are not alone. This Christmas, cherish life, keep faith and practice self-empowerment.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 8 hours ago