WASHINGTON -- When Senator Rand Paul took to the floor of the United States Senate the morning of March 6 he really -- as they say -- may have made a difference. It is a difference in our awareness of the issues facing the country. It is a difference in our perception of the man who is leading the country, President Barack Obama. It might even have been a difference in the direction the country will go. Will it continue on its melancholy path toward statism or will it follow the course of freedom as laid out by the Founding Fathers?...
Back during the past election, and the one before that, I was struck by the message from Ron Paul supporters. They were rabid in their assertion that Ron Paul was the only man in America who could 'fix what was wrong'. Tell them that Paul couldn't be elected and they voted for him, anywa, both times, even when they had to write him in on the ballot. My question was always ... Why do you think he can fix everything now when he hasn't accomplished anything in his decades in Congress? Well ... his boy Rand HAS accomplished something, already, and it was memorable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 12 hours ago