As Townhall readers know by now, debate moderator Candy Crowley incorrectly said during the presidential debate last night in New York that President Obama referred to the attack in Benghazi on 9/11 as a terrorist attack immediately after the attack occurred. President Obama agreed with Crowley's comments, asked her to "say them a little louder," and said he did say the attack was a terrorist attack from the Rose Garden on 9/12. After the debate, Crowley walked back her statement last night on and said Mitt Romney was "right in the main." Crowley and Obama were wrong, Mitt Romney was...
Obama's apologists will say he 'alluded' to terrorism in his speech, and that makes it true that he accepted the Benghazi incident as an act of terrorism on 9/12 in the Rose Garden. His words were, "Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None." THAT was an 'allusion' to the video which he wanted us to believe was the cause, but he wanted it clear that no matter how bad the video might be, it did not rate this level of protest. He did not indicate that 'terrorism' or pre-planning was involved in any way ...
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 19 mins ago
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 59 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago