Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
But how exactly is it you suggest they respond? By placing people on more drugs?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago