Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
But how exactly is it you suggest they respond? By placing people on more drugs?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 13 hours ago