Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
But how exactly is it you suggest they respond? By placing people on more drugs?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago