Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
The reality is medicine is not the answer, there is rarely a case where a chemically manufactured substance trumps exercise and a good diet. And by diet i mean, eating healthy, chemical free foods, Sodium Flouride free water, and receiving the nutrients and vitamins that we all need, and few get. You cannot discount the fact that these substances are pushed (often times on the under aged and under developed youth), and that a cocktail of both chemical bombardments, and morally bankrupt societal influences through television, would lead to such violent actions among these youth.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 11 hours ago