Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
One topic not being discussed here, aside from the numerous comments within the Obama administration regarding 'tragedies', and "not letting a good one go to waste," is the largely spread and widely accepted use in this country of SRIs or saretonin reuptake inhibitors. Nearly every person who has carried out these mass shootings in the last 25 years, has been on one form of them or another. When you mess with your own body chemistry, there are invariably going to be dire consequences. For most people it is an impairment of regular sensory function. Be that an inability to focus, feel, comprehend, etc. But for a select few, (and i use the term 'select' heavily), it results in a cataclysmic collapse, and violent response to said collapse.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago