The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
You are using a straw man argument. The two are not the same thing. "preventative measures", which actually would start with the woman's right to choose to spread her legs or not, are different from the termination of a developing life.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 4 hours ago